Like I mentioned in my Mother’s Day gift guide, my Mom has officially been a mom for 25 years. That’s over 9,125 days. And every day, she’s bestowed some kind of wisdom on me, whether it’s telling me to sit up straight, or advising me to treat every person I meet with kindness.
My mom has given me a lot of wisdom over the years; here are the lessons that stick out the most:
- “Love everybody. You don’t know everyone’s story, so you have no room to judge them.”
- “Nobody is perfect. Forgiveness is essential.”
- “Money is nice to have, but you have to be able to walk away from it.”
- “Find time to do the things that truly make you happy.”
- “Just because you disagree with someone doesn’t make them wrong.”
- “Get out of your comfort zone.”
- “It’s okay to look silly and not care what anybody else thinks.”
Now, even though I think my Mom is one of the smartest people on the planet, she’s not the only one capable of giving good advice. So I asked around, and it turns out that pretty much all Moms are pretty great at that stuff. Enjoy this advice from some of my main ladies’ mothers!
ADVICE FROM MOM
What advice has your mom given you? I’d love to hear it! Sound off in the comments below. Happy (almost) Mother’s Day! <3