I’m not trying to be a suck up, I promise. But Idan’s parents are the best cooks and bakers–specifically his mom. Every time I go to their house, I know my belly is about to be full of the most delicious food (and most of it is Middle Eastern… even better!).
One thing that I absolutely HAD to have the recipe for was their banana bread recipe. I swear I ate half a loaf the first time I tried it, and I’ve made it every month since she sent me the recipe.
You guys, it’s so good. I bring it to work all the time and it’s gone in just a few hours. And, with Idan’s mom’s permission, I wanted to share it with you all!
Note: This is NOT healthy bread. There are other websites you can find recipes for healthy banana bread. This chocolate chip banana bread recipe is PURE decadence… and I believe very strongly in occasional decadence.
Now that we have that disclaimer out of the way… here goes! Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
We start with the ingredients. I know, I know… orange juice? I promise it makes the recipe what it is. Also, as with all banana bread recipes, the older the bananas the better.
First, in a large bowl, beat the eggs, add sugar, and mix. Melt the stick of butter in the microwave, then mix that in, too.
Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt. Add in alternately with the orange juice.
Mash the bananas and mix in. Add the cinnamon, too.
Lastly, we add in the mini chocolate chips. I do believe that they should be mini–it makes it easier to get them in every bite!
Bake in a loaf pan for about 35-40 mins. You’ll know when it’s done.
Ugh, how good does that look? This is the best chocolate chip banana bread recipe–it’s ooey, gooey, and scrumptious.
The best chocolate chip banana bread recipe ever!
- 1 stick unsalted butter (melted)
- 1 and 1/4 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup orange juice (fresh squeezed if possible)
- 3 overripe bananas
- 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9x5" loaf pan
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, add sugar and stir together. Stir in melted butter until well blended.
- In a different bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Add into the butter mixture in three batches and alternately with the orange juice.
- Mash the bananas with a fork and stir into the mixture. Add cinnamon and mix well.
- Stir in chocolate chips (and walnuts if using) until well blended.
- Spread evenly into the prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for about 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.
Save it for later: