I am a coffee drinker through and through, and am one of those people who has to have coffee first thing in the morning lest I get a raging headache (and become very cranky). If you aren’t a coffee person, this whole post can be applied to tea drinkers as well!
Before a few weeks ago, my mornings went something like this:
- Wake up, make a cup of coffee
- Get sucked into emails and forget to drink said coffee
- Microwave cup of coffee, take a few sips
- Get sucked into more emails, forget to drink coffee again
- Realize coffee is getting to that awful cold point of no return
- Chug the coffee (ew) so I don’t waste it
- Make another cup of coffee because it’s early and I like having a warm beverage to sip at all times before lunch.
Because of this daily pattern, I have been eyeing Ember mugs for years (no seriously, years). I take a long time to buy things that I don’t deem completely necessary, so it sat on my wish list for a long, long time.
When Idan and I registered for our wedding (with Zola, btw! If you want to start a registry with them, here’s a code that will give you $50 to spend in their store), we agreed that each of us would get to add something that we wanted that we didn’t have to explain to the other person. While Idan has yet to add his item, I couldn’t add the Ember mug fast enough. My amazing MIL bought the mug for me because she knew how badly I wanted it–she’s the best! Since I’ve had it a few weeks now, I thought it would be nice to do an Ember mug review here.
And you guys, my mornings will never be the same.
Here’s how my mornings look these days:
- Make a cup of coffee
- Take a sip, forget about said coffee
- Remember coffee, go to take a sip 30 mins later, realize it’s still hot, do a happy dance and keep on sippin’
Here’s how it works:
- Ember has an app that you use to pair your phone with your mug via Bluetooth
- You use the app to create a profile and “perfect temperature.” I like my coffee piping hot, so I have mine set at 140 degrees F.
- If you use a Keurig, your coffee probably comes straight out of the machine at around 192 degree F. As the coffee starts cooling, the Ember mug waits until it cools to your desired temperature and then keeps it at that perfect temp.
The mug I have lasts about an hour before it needs to be charged, but I keep the base on my desk so it’s on charge most of the time anyways.
In terms of washing, the mug can only be hand washed and must be 100% completely dry before being placed back on the charging base (for obvious reasons).
Overall, I am SO happy with the Ember mug. So happy, in fact, that I’m considering ordering another one to bring to work so I can have one there and one at home (I work from home a few days a week). This is a GREAT gift for the hot coffee lover who believes that coffee should be sipped and savored, not chugged. I can’t believe it took me so long to get one!
Thank you for reading this Ember mug review. This post was not sponsored in any way and all opinions are strictly my own. I only write about products I love!
If you liked this post, you’ll like:
Quality Custom Framing For A Fraction Of The Price
New York City Apartment Tour