2016 was a year for the books (and kind of a terrible one for the world overall… why did you have to take Bowie, 2016?!). While I’m bummed about a lot that happened this year, I can’t help but feel thankful for all the good things that happened in my personal life. 2016 was, for me, an incredible year of growth and change that I never could have seen coming. For example…
I got a new full-time job that I love.
I travelled over 14 times to places like San Francisco, Nashville, Los Angeles, and New York.
I wrote some of my favorite blog posts to date, like…
This Galentine’s Day post
This Beach Bachelorette Party post
and this Friendsgiving post!
I moved to a new apartment in a great neighborhood in Chicago.
I started dating Idan.
I bought a guitar and started guitar classes at the Old Town School of Folk Music, my goal from last year.
2016 was the perfect impetus to propel me into 2017 with new, realistic goals. I have some concrete plans, and will have all of these done by this time next year. Really. I will…
- Shoot one roll of film per month (I already bought the film so I have no excuses).
- Partner with more brands that I love and want to spread the word about.
- Continue guitar classes at the Old Town School of Folk Music — guitar repertoire here I come!
- Add more percentage to the money I put into savings each month so I can start saving for bigger things — a condo, a car, a big trip, etc. #adulting
- Read 20 books (this year I read 15 and I think I can do better). Also, you can follow my reading list in real time here.
- Work out at least 16x per month.
- Complete another Whole30 challenge (starting halfway through January! Who wants to join me?)
This is a lot. I know it is. BUT, I’m stubborn and determined, AND 2017 won’t know what hit it.
What were some great things that happened to you this year? What are your goals for 2017?