Happy Friday, friends! It’s my last day in Chicago until 2018… and of course, I can’t believe how fast this year has gone.
Life has been pretty relaxed lately, which is a change of pace that my friends are constantly trying to convince me that I need, anyway. The things I have been up to:
- I finished The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel in less than a week. I fell in love with the show (on Amazon Prime) and was really sad when it was over. I read somewhere that they’re already in the works for Season 2… fingers crossed!
- I saw Potted Potter at the Broadway Playhouse last night and it was a hoot! You don’t need to be a big Harry Potter fan to understand the play, but I do recommend being an HP fan in general. ;)
- Nicole and I sold out of our calendars! We are in awe of all the supportive, amazing people who helped us get here and can’t wait to do more projects in 2018.
- My roommate Tori and I went to Girl and the Goat on Monday as our annual holiday dinner… we booked the reservation 3 months out and it was totally worth it. Easily the best meal I’ve had in Chicago, and the only place I’d ever order something called “pig face.”
- Tori and I hosted our annual Mug and Cookie Exchange party last Saturday. About 25 women showed up and we played an intense game of White Elephant with some cute mugs and stuffed our faces with cookies. It was the greatest!
On to this week’s links!
This tomato soup recipe looks simple and delicious. On a side note: am I the only person who gets visibly upset when restaurants have grilled cheese on the menu but not tomato soup? It oughta be a law!
56 silly little things to be thankful for (this article will make you smile, I guarantee it).
The silence breakers are the 2017 person of the year.
This DIY disco ball costume could easily be used as a pinata template for NYE!
Why you should stop giving your kids so many toys.
I have big plans to apply this treatment to my fireplace in January!
Combining 2 of the best Jewish-food treats: jelly donuts and challah.
I look forward to this every year: the 2017 hater’s guide to the Williams-Sonoma catalog.
20 things to do in Chicago this winter (I already got my Skin Laundry facial!).
This editor has quite a few issues with “The Holiday”… all of them true.